Hotel Chef Professional2 weeks ago Jobs Owerri 15 views Reference: 21
Location :Imo State
Report To: Manager
The chef will be responsible for controlling and directing the food preparation process as well as constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings and approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer.
You will be the first in command in the kitchen facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they arrive at the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
- Ensuring that all food is of excellent quality and served in a timely manner.
- Planning the menu, keeping in mind budget, and availability of seasonal ingredients.
- Overseeing all kitchen operations.
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required.
- Training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Taking stock of ingredients and equipment, and placing orders to replenish stock.
- Enforcing safety and sanitation standards in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to keep the menu fresh.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook ·
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers) ·
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques ·
- Leadership skills ·
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks ·
- Excellent time management abilities ·
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes ·
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations ·
- Culinary school diploma preferred
- The capacity to work under extreme pressure.
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software)
Mode of Application: Interested applicant should send their application & CV to [***] or to apply.