Media And Communications Manager Professional2 weeks ago Jobs Owerri 129 views Reference: 20
Salary: Contact us
We seek to hire a full time, COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA MANAGER, to oversee the activities of ColdHubs Logistics.
The Communications and Media Manager will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ColdHubs Limited or his delegated staff, always.
- 10 – 15 years solid, practical, and working knowledge of media and communications in Nigeria.
- Manages ColdHubs communications and media operations across Nigeria.
- Reports/works directly with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), ColdHubs Limited or his delegated staff.
- Regular travels within Nigeria.
- Extremely detailed, with good thought process in communications and media, and extensive use of all social media platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Resumes daily at the ColdHubs Limited Headquarters – Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
Media Relations ·
- To support implementation of media strategies, tactics and messages to achieve maximum measurable impact on ColdHub’s profile. ·
- To draft media announcements, releases and advisories. ·
- Prepare and support formulation of background notes, speeches and talking points for public appearances. ·
- To pitch stories to journalists and organizing press briefings, as directed. ·
- To support development and use of related infrastructure, including press lists, media monitoring services, online broadcast video delivery services, etc. ·
- To offer expert advice on reputational and other media risks arising from programmatic, policy and campaigns issues. ·
- Develop a media outreach plan to identify and build relations with a network of traditional and specialized media and maintain these relations to increase ColdHub’s media profile. ·
- Produce media briefs, kits and timely press releases and build internal capacity to work with media effectively. ·
- Actively create media visibility opportunities for ColdHub’s senior management, preparing talking points, and facilitating radio, TV and print media interviews where necessary. ·
- To monitor and evaluate media coverage. Including, advice on outreach activities with press and other communication target groups. ·
- Provide professional advice and support to colleagues and partner organisations involved in media relations work, crisis communications including internal media capacity building.
- Develop and implement a Social Media Strategy aligned with the ColdHub’s Organizational Communications Strategy, imparting key ‘unique selling points’ with audience-specific, tailored content.
- Develop targeted social media campaigns for ColdHub’s products, events, and milestone days. Package and promote ColdHub’s activities and learning in a strategic, appropriate and timely manner.
- Manage and develop innovative and strategic cutting-edge social media content and campaigns, grow ColdHub’s audience on Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant existing and emerging platforms. .Manage ColdHub’s social community. Promote search engine optimization and provide monitoring and analysis to streamline performance for better outcomes.
- Keep up-to-date with new trends, developments and opportunities in the digital space and recommend how we can exploit them to help achieve our corporate goals and implement them.
- Collaborate with colleagues/other departments of ColdHub’s to generate and create digital and multimedia products that will appeal to specific audiences.
- Build relationships with social media editors at leading news and media organizations, helping to secure external placement of ColdHub’s content and enhance coverage of its work.
- Work with various departmental teams to ensure comprehensive digital coverage of events and launches worldwide.
- Train staff on how to optimize social media use, and manage access to ColdHub’s social media accounts.
- Flexibility and adaptability to perform other duties as and when requested by CEO.
- Provide support and lead (where needed) in developing high quality communications content for external and internal use.
- Work with various departmental teams to ensure that the communications activities calendar is kept up to date and is applied for weekly planning in consultation with the Head of Administration and Human Resources.
- Ensure development of high quality content and dissemination of internal and external monthly newsletters.
- Develop subject specific content for external use as and when required.
- Develop high-level content for corporate communications products such as PowerPoint, fact sheets and other relevant material.
- Provide editorial support to web-content development.
- Support Business Strategy and Marketing team in identifying and developing effective messages, framing and means for delivering them to reach communication objectives.
- Actively work on increasing web audience engagement and viewership, mailing lists etc.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, English, Public Relations, Marketing or other relevant field.
- Job experience: 10 - 15 years of solid, practical, and working knowledge of media and communications. ·
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and another local language.
- Creativity and writing skills
- Strong presentation and communications skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of communications practices, tools and techniques in social media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to meet critical deadlines.
Attention to Detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, as performance monitoring will be done every quarter.
- Excellent computer skills.
APPLICATION: All interested individuals should submit a one-page Letter of Motivation and a very well detailed CV to – [***] not later than, Friday 17th June, 2022.